Check out this new opportunity just added to the AME database of apprenticeship openings.
Colorado Cockatoos, located in Parker, Colorado, is a small, family owned avicultural breeding facility with state-of-the-art indoor facilities that keep birds sheltered from the low temperatures and predators in the Colorado foothills. Each one of the family takes a part in raising strong and healthy birds for placement in loving homes or for breeding programs. They specialize in cockatoo species that are relatively rare, quiet and colorful.
Colorado Cockatoos is seeking someone to fill an apprenticeship position as a Psittacine Caretaker. The goal of this apprenticeship would be to equip the individual to be able to start and grow their own avicultural business.
Characteristics needed for this position:
- Availability to work 10-20 hours a week, February 1 – July 1 (more hours will be available during certain times)
- Love for animals, especially birds
- Teachable spirit
- Nurturing, diligent, and dependable
- Flexible work schedule based on the birds’ needs
- $10-$12 per hour based on dependability and schedule
- Possibility of continuing work past the February – July work period
- Training in care for young parrots, including hand feeding, monitoring weights, brooder temperatures, disinfecting and cleaning the bird nursery
- Possible involvement in flock maintenance, record keeping, and feeding and caring for the adult birds
Contact Heather Bright:
- (720) 625-9595